My Thoughts About the Book:
Quick, easy to read but powerfully packed with real practical advice on to avoid the 6 dysfunctional parenting styles. Michelle Anthony has written a book that any mom or dad can pick up right this very minute and start to apply the Biblical truths tucked into 191 pages of this book.
What I really love about it is that in each chapter there are steps to get practical, because let’s face it, we can read lots of great stuff, but if we don’t take the time to drill it down into practical steps that we can apply to our lives, then chances are it’s just another book we read that we put up on our shelf. Michelle also takes it a step further and has a “reflect and respond” section at the back of each chapter.
With chapters like these you can jump straight to the topic you want to focus on first (I know I did, I scooted myself right over to the chapter on “Relinquishing Control – For The Micro-Managing Parent”.)
Here’s a list of the other chapters:
– Chapter 1: The Director and the Script – Choosing the Abundant Life
– Chapter 2: The Six Dysfunctions of Parenting – Omitting God From the Scene
– Chapter 3: Kissing The World Good-Bye – For the Double-Minded Parent
– Chapter 4: Free Indeed – For The I-Can’t-Say-No Parent
– Chapter 5: Beyond the Pursuit of Perfection – For the Driver Parent
– Chapter 6: Relinquishing Control – For the Micro-Managing Parent
– Chapter 7: A Time to Bless – For the Criticizing Parent
– Chapter 8: Living a Meaningful Family Mission – For the Absentee Parent
– Chapter 9: Beyond Good Behavior and Chore Charts – For the Spiritually Healthy Family
– Chapter 10: Remember and Celebrate the Abundant Life – Rites of Passage for Our Children
On top of that, she even takes it a step further and helps you in writing a family mission statement, which is something we’ve done in our family over the years. Moms and Dads, if you’re looking for a great book on taking your family to the next level, then you need to check out “Becoming a Spiritually Healthy Family”. Even though my kids are now “adults”, I’m reading and learning right alongside you even still today.
About the book:
You can purchase a copy for yourself here: http://bit.ly/1BSJpxN
About the author:
Michelle Anthony is the vice president of Learning Resources and Family Ministry Architect at David C Cook and the author of Spiritual Parenting, Dreaming of More for the Next Generation, A Theology of Family Ministry, and The Big God Story. Michelle has graduate degrees in Christian education, theology, and leadership and over twenty-five years of church ministry experience as a children’s and family pastor. She lives in Colorado Springs and loves a good book and a cup of coffee.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”